Friday, December 29, 2023

Clay Coil Trees

Middle School Art Lesson

5 to 6 class periods

40 minutes per class

Clay Coil Trees, Middle School Art Lesson

I tested out this project this year with my 6th grade artists.  Students were allowed to add details of their choice (it did not have to be a Christmas tree, but due to the timing of the project, most went in this direction).  Students were also allowed to choose if they wanted to paint or glaze their finished piece.  We discussed the advantages and disadvantages of each of these options.  

For a complete step by step lesson plan, reference sheet and a rubric check out my TPT store.  Thanks in advance for supporting my business by either liking my store or making a purchase.  

Crazy Busy Art Room Store

Here are some more beautiful examples from my students:









No comments:

Post a Comment