Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Marker Recycling

The Colorcycle program initiated by Crayola has been around for a few years (2013).  However, I did not really hear about this program until two years ago, and last year when a parent mentioned it to me, I thought to myself I better look into it.  After doing a little research on the Crayola
Colorcycle program I decided that it looked easy enough to do.

Here are the basic steps:

Step 1:  Register on the Crayola Colorcycle web page.

Step 2:  Inform students, teachers, parents and community members about the colorcycle program.

Step 3:  Start collecting dried up markers.

Step 4:  Box markers.

Step 5:  Print shipping label from Crayola Colorcycle website.

Step 6:  Drop off at post office.

I shared the following video with my students to help them understand what was going to happen to the dried up markers. What Happens to Our Markers When We Recycle Them?  Student became quite excited after we discussed the video.

I hope this blog entry inspires some of you to give marker recycling a try in your classroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment