Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Sunflower Bouquets

Third Grade Art Lesson

3 Class Periods (50 minutes in length)

Sunflower Bouquets, Third Grade Art Lesson

I had another successful year teaching this sunflower painting with my third grade students. We used Vincent van Gogh's Twelve Sunflowers painting for our point of reference.  

Twelve Sunflowers by Vincent van Gogh.

To view the steps and information on Vincent Van Gogh that I shared with my students you can check out the link to a post that I created earlier here: Vincent's Sunflower Bouquets or if you want a different spin on this lesson you can check out my very first post on these bouquet compositions (here is where you will find the detailed steps to the project). Concentric Circle Flower Bouquets. As you can see I started with one lesson idea and then it grew into another awesome lesson.  

Student Examples:



No comments:

Post a Comment