Thursday, September 4, 2014

Cereal Box Bouquets

If you follow my blog you may remember my cereal box sketchbook lesson that I did with my students. This project went so well, that I decided to have my fourth grade students make them again for their sketchbook for this school year.

Yesterday, I had my first fourth grade class.  Those that took summer school were very excited about getting the opportunity to make another cereal box sketchbook, and the students who missed on the opportunity were very excited once they saw my example.  I informed the students that I needed their help in bringing in cereal boxes.  We needed roughly 78 cereal boxes by next week, and even though I eat cereal, I can't eat 78 boxes over the weekend by myself.

I joked with my students that when they bring me a cereal box, it is like bringing me a dozen roses.  It is one of the best gifts I can receive.

Today, I had 3 fourth grade students bring me 14 (dozen roses) cereal boxes.  I was overjoyed!  I can't wait to start on our sketchbooks!  To all my students that have given me cereal boxes so far...THANK YOU!  Keep them coming, they make me so HAPPY!

Mrs. Allen with her cereal box bouquets!

No comments:

Post a Comment