Monday, September 15, 2014

The Most Important Colors

This year, I started my kindergarten classes with the discussion of the three most important colors in the art room.  RED, BLUE and YELLOW.  Students learned that these three colors were called primary colors and they created all the other colors on the color wheel.

We went over my art room expectations for painting, how to clean their brush and palette, where to place their completed paintings and what to do when they were waiting for their friends to complete their tasks.  My kindergarteners IMPRESSED me with their listening skills this year.  It made my heart burst with pride on what a great job they did following directions.



Kindergarten students practicing mixing primary colors and using proper paint techniques.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment