Sunday, September 7, 2014

Rugged Maniac 5K Mud RUN

I had another race this weekend.  This  race was in Taylor Falls, MN.

It  was a 5K obstacle mud run.  There are a couple things that makes this race so special to me.  The first being that my mother (who will be 63 on Wednesday) did this adventure with us.  She has never ran a race in her life!  I can't even begin to explain how amazed and proud of her I am. My brother also, flew up from Florida to run this race with us and my sister drove over from Minnesota to be there, too!  It was the first time in my life that I had the chance to run with my whole family.  
My brother is taking the picture and I am hugging my mom.
The second thing that made this race really cool, was our team costumes.  Being the artistic one, I had to come up with our theme.  I painted yellow stocking hats to look like Minions and added black pipe cleaners to the top to make the hair.  Once everyone agreed to wear a yellow shirt and blue shorts...PRESTO...we had MINIONS.  We received many compliments on our costumes!

Below are a few more actions shots of me completing the Rugged Maniac.



No comments:

Post a Comment