Monday, December 23, 2019

Little Owl's Orange Scarf

I stumbled across this idea on Pinterest and must say that I absolutely love it.  Here is a new spin on my Little Clay Owl Lesson.  Original lesson and steps can be found on attached link.

Little Clay Owl, Kindergarten Art Lesson
We begin this lesson the very same way as directed by the link mentioned above.  On the second day of this project, after pieces have been fired in the kiln, I start off the class period by reading the book Little Owl's Orange Scarf by Tatyana Feeney.  Students then paint their sculptures using tempera paint cakes.  After painting is completed I ask the students if they want an orange or blue scarf.  This is then attached to the sculpture.  I spray the sculptures with an gloss varnish sealer and then hot glue a pair of wiggly eyes to each owl. 

I think they just turned out darling!

Student Examples:
 

 


1 comment: