Monday, March 30, 2020

Crazy Busy Art Room Art Prompt 9

It's going to be a beautiful Monday! I hope everyone gets a chance to play outside a bit today or go for a walk or bike ride.
Today we are going to be making a paper weaving in the shape of a heart. This may be a bit tricky for some of my younger students so you may need a parent's help or an older sibling to help you with the steps.

Make sure you read through all the directions for options and more detailed directions. I have posted photos to help you along. I am also going to try and attach a youtube clip on how to do this to give you further help. How To Make a Paper Woven Heart


Supplies Needed: 2 pieces of paper, pencil, scissors, glue stick, ruler
Step 1: You will need 2 pieces of paper for this step. You want them to be rectangle in size. Mine were roughly 9 inches by 5 inches. If you have construction paper, pick two different colors. I did not have construction paper at home, so I painted 2 pieces of paper with 2 different patterns on them. I allowed these to dry before moving to the next step.
Step 2: Place the 2 papers on top of one another. Cut off the top 2 corners. In the photo you can see how I marked this with a marker/pencil.
Step 3: Put papers on top of each other again. Create vertical lines on your paper to create equally sized stripes. You can use a ruler to help you with this step. I did not have a ruler, so I used a small box for my straightedge.
Step 4: Keep papers together. Cut on the lines you create to create strips.
Step 5: Now it is time to start weaving! Keep one paper vertical and turn the other paper horizontal. See photo to help you out.
Step 6: Now start weaving. Over. Under. Over. Under. One strip at a time. Keep pulling the horizontal paper forward as you do this.
Step 7: Lifting the strips back can help with the weaving process.
Step 8: Keep going until every strip is woven.
Step 9: Once you have all the strips woven. Glue down end pieces so they do not flip up.
Step 10: Glue down the back end pieces as well.
Step 11: Trim edges.
I know this lesson may be a bit more challenging, but I have faith in my Comet artists! I think you guys can do this! 
Have a happy, sunny, fresh air Monday!
Love,
Mrs. Cornell















No comments:

Post a Comment