Friday, March 27, 2020

Crazy Busy Art Room Prompt 8

Friday is finally here! Today we will be making a drawing of a person with really crazy hair.

I have posted the photos below with basic directions. Like always I encourage you to read the directions below for additional information or more options for this lesson. 
Supplies Needed: paper, pencil, eraser, crayons, watercolor paints or food dye, a straw (I used a straw from my water bottle).
Step 1: Draw a circle on your paper. This is for the head of your person.
Step 2: I decided to make my person look like they were yelling or screaming so I drew a smaller circle inside of the first circle. You of course, can make any type of mouth you wish. Happy, sad, angry, you decide.
Step 3: Next add a nose and some eyes. I decided to make my eyes closed. What will your eyes look like?
Step 4: If you did a mouth like mine, you will need to add a tongue and some teeth. Don't forget to add ears to your head in this step.
Step 5: Add a neck and a body for your person.
Step 6: Using crayons, color the person you created.
Step 7: Taking watercolor paint or food dye (make sure you ask mom and dad permission for using food dye), create a puddle of the paint near the top of your person's head.
Step 8: Using a straw, blow the paint. As you blow you should be able to see the paint start spreading out to form some beautiful and unique lines. If you don't have a straw, try blowing on the paper and see what happens.
Step 9: Keeping adding more puddles of paint. Continue to blow through straw to spread the colors.
Step 10: Continue this process until you make the hairstyle you desire for your person.
I hope you have fun with this project today. I can't wait to see what you come up with! Be creative! I talked about options for your person's face, but also know you don't have to make a person. What would it look like if you make a bear or a hedgehog?

Love,
Mrs. Cornell











No comments:

Post a Comment