Thursday, April 30, 2020

Crazy Busy Art Room Art Prompt 30

I don't know about you guys, but I am having a tough time keeping track of the days of the week this week.  Today is Thursday, already!  I might have slept through Tuesday and Wednesday.  YIKES!  Cold, rainy weather gives me the case of the couch blanket snuggles.  Luckily today looks like it is going to be gorgeous!

For our art lesson we will be reviewing complementary color schemes.  Complementary colors are opposite colors on the color wheel.   When these colors are placed next to each other they tend to enhance the hue, causing these colors to pop out.  Can you name the complementary colors?

1.  Red and Green
2.  Blue and Orange
3.  Yellow and Violet

For this lesson you will be picking one set of complementary colors to use.  I used red and green for my project today.

Supplies Needed:  paper, pencil, eraser, markers or crayons, black marker

I have attached photos to help with the steps, but please read through the directions for additional instruction.

Step 1:  Trace your hand several times on your paper.  Because my hands are large and I was using a smaller piece of paper, I was only able to trace my hand 2 times.  I hope you are able to trace your own hand more than this on your masterpiece.  Think about the space you are using on your paper.

Step 2:  After your hands are in place on your paper, add lines to create stripes on each hand.

Step 3:  Outline each hand and stripes with a black marker.

Step 4:  Using one of the complementary choices (red and green or blue and orange or violet and yellow) color every other stripe on the hands.  For my example I am using red and green.  I decided to use red to color every other stripe on my hand.

Step 5:  Add tiny circles to the background of the composition.

Step 6:  Turn the circles into mini targets.  You decide how many. you want to make and how large you want them to be.  Notice that I made some look like they were underneath the hands I drew.

Step 7:  Outline the targets with a black marker.

Step 8:  Using the opposite complementary color (since I used red, my opposite would be green) color every other stripe in the target.


No comments:

Post a Comment